Sep 29, 2012

Falling in Love

After our second-first date Greg and I became inseparable. He was (and still is) so amazing. He is so incredible. After only dating for a few weeks I had surgery, and knew that I missed seeing my idol in concert because of it, Britney Spears, of course. The day of my surgery Greg came to visit me bringing my favorite Easter candy, diet coke, a sweet card, and two tickets to see Taking Back Sunday in concert. After much deliberation I decided he could have that extra ticket. (Ha!)


After only dating for a month or so, I knew he liked me when he asked if he could come with me while I went shopping for my upcoming vacation. He saw that i was disappointed that I couldn't find the pair of shoes I saw only a few weeks before. So this sweet man surprised me with pink shoes shortly after. We hadn't even become "official" yet. Can we say dream come true? I know.

The longest we were apart during our courtship was for about a week when my family and I went on a cruise to the Bahama's. Although we had only been dating a short time, he insisted on dropping me off, and picking me (and some siblings) from the airport. Any time I had phone service we text non-stop. It was crazy how much I thought of him, and missed him while I was gone. It seemed intense since I had only been dating him for such a short amount of time.

Greg surprised me with so many sweet and thoughtful surprises. He was (and still does) put me first. He makes me feel so important and beautiful- even when I know I'm not. He puts up with so much with me. I was created as a very stubborn individual- we butt-heads (?) a lot because we both insist we are right. But he is always sweet to me. Also with my varying health issues he is nothing less than supportive.

Neither of us thought, or planned, that we would fall in love so quickly and easily. However, although we felt it, we didn't want to scare the other off. So our saying to each other for the longest time was, "I way more than like you". It is still a sweet saying that reminds us of your past together.

It was probably in June when Greg and I went on a double date with his friend Luke, and his new girlfriend. We had dinner at Wingers and had planned to go bowling after, but it didn't end up working out. Greg got food poisoning, or something, and by the ended up really sick by the end of the night. We went to his grandparents house, where he was currently living, and hung out for a little while longer. As the night progressed, the sickness did as well. Because he was so sick I was going to call my mom or dad to see if they'd come pick me up, so he didn't have to drive me home while he was so sick. But because he is quite the classy gentleman he insisted on taking me home. As he dropped me offI said, "feel better, I love you!", without even thinking. I almost died. I guess he hadn't heard me and asked what I had said so I covered it up by saying, "I way more than like you." I proceeded to quickly close the door and rush to my house. I thought I had ruined everything. He had a bad relationship prior to us being together, so I was trying to make sure we didn't rush things and make things harder for him. 

About a month or so later, after my XANGO summer party at seven peaks we finally officially said those three words, I Love You. We were at his place and just talking and he suddenly said he had a secret for me (I LOVE secrets). He ended up telling me that he was in love with me. It felt so amazing hearing him say that to me, and it was even more amazing to finally say those words to him. 

Life was, and still is, so wonderful. I'm so blessed to have Greg as my husband and the father of our future children. It was a totally smart idea on his part to fall in love with me. Now he gets to be a part of my awesomeness for time and all eternity. 

The best description of "being in love".


No comments: